Monday, September 18, 2006

Instant Messenging

Hi,

An easy way of contacting each other is via instant messenging.
These are free programs which allows people to chat and exchange files via the internet.

There are several different ones available and most are now compatible with each other.

I use Windows Messenger but another popular one is Yahoo! Messenger

Once you've downloaded the program you just need to create an account with your email address.

Then start adding contacts. When you add a contact they're automaticaly sent a message to notify them.
Then when any of your contacts are online you can tpye messages, use webcams, exchange files etc.

They are really easy to use but please feel free to ask if you have any trouble.

My windows messenger account is oli_wyllie@hotmail.com. Please feel free to add my as a contact.

Regards,


Oli

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Oli,

Glad you put out the word about 'Instant Messenging'. I am all new to this but have managed to set up an account my addy it's little_pumster@hotmail.co.uk.I have also managed to set up a blog. If I have done it right then you can find me at http://suzies-site.blogspot.com (fingers crossed) You sound like you know what your talikng about as far as computer stuff goes.I may be asking you lot's of questions during the course.

Best wishes

Suzanne :O)

Hannah said...

Sminky pinky,

Hello old boy, I have MSN too, just so you know. It would be good if we could talk more, I remember those drunk conversations on the phone at midnight. I'll be getting broadband at home in a few weeks, so we can swap our ugly mugs on webcams sometime.. hooray!!

If anyone is a friend of Oli and stuck for computer problems, you can always ask me, I'm an IT consultant, been doing it for 12 years now.. *sigh*.

Tatty bye,

- Chris Waddle