Monday, September 11, 2006

Part of the story so far

Hi,

My name is Oliver though most people call me Oli (to my face anyway ;o))
I'm married with 2 little girls aged 5 (nearly 6 Daddy!) and 3 1/2.
My wonderful and supportive wife is Head of Modern Languages in a local secondary school.

I am just about to leave my job of 11 years in, the travel industry, to pursue my dream of becoming a teacher.

I have accepted a job as IT technician/TA at a primary school just outside Dover, Kent.
My degree course will be done through the Ultraversity.

Exciting and scary times!

7 comments:

b_jammin666 said...

Seriously, good luck Oli! Hopefully we will manage to keep in touch, if only to go see Arsenal every now and then...

And remember: for fantasticly cheap ferry tickets go to Ferrycheap.com

OliW said...

Thanks Ben,

I doubt I'll get up to see the boys much whilst doing my course etc but you never know.

And no adverts please! :)

Anonymous said...

oli!!

how fantastic, really, really pleased for you, kept that quiet though?!

Lucy

aylablue669 said...

As an English teacher I'll have to point out the spelling of fantastically B... Oli I'm not surprised working with this guy has sent u to pastures new ;) good luck- Ayla

Hannah said...

IT Technician, very nice choice of career, I wonder.. which school is it ? I almost did the same thing about 3 years ago, for Archers Court School, wouldn't be the same one would it ? Great to see you're doing ok anyway, I'm stuck in the woods out in the depths of darkest america, you should come and visit.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Oli, I know this is something you've been thinking of for a long time. I'm sure you will be very successful.

Pass on my best wishes to the rest of your family.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to open an otter sanctuary on the coast (next to the sea). They wouldn't let me. I've cleared out the garage and I've got some big tanks of water. I made it slightly salty. They don't seem to mind. They come and go as they please.